Bus Accident Lawyer in Los Angeles
Our Bus Accident Lawyers Fight For You
Any injury involving a large vehicle can be serious. The massive size and weight of buses means they can do devastating damage to other vehicles, their drivers, and any pedestrians nearby. Passengers on buses might be spared harm, but a serious accident can throw them about and injure them because of the lack of restraints. People getting onto or off a bus can also suffer serious falls and painful injuries.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a bus accident in Los Angeles, do not accept a lowball offer from an insurance company or sign anything without your own attorney to represent your interests. If a city bus was involved, you have very little time to file a personal injury claim, so act immediately. Call NOVIK LAW GROUP, A Professional Corporation, at (818) 305-6041 to set up a free consultation with an LA bus accident lawyer.
What Bus Is to Blame?
- School buses: These vehicles transport children to and from school. Many school buses are also city buses, but private vehicles may be used in certain situations. That means determining who is liable for accidents with school buses can be complicated.
- City buses: These are vehicles operated by the city, or a company contracted by the city, for public transportation. In an accident involving a city bus, the driver or another driver could be to blame, but the Metro could also be liable. Establishing where liability truly rests is important, and something our lawyers will determine.
- Private buses: Vehicles owned and operated by private companies, such as tour buses or charter buses, are often found running between tourist attractions or sporting events in Southern California. Since these are private companies, they can be held liable if their vehicles are not properly maintained or their drivers not trained.
Common Bus Accidents in Los Angeles
Most accidents we’ve seen involving buses include:
- Collisions with other vehicles
- Collisions with stationary objects (gates, streetlights, buildings, etc.)
- Buses hitting bicyclists or pedestrians
- Buses moving while passengers are getting on or off
We’re sad to say that injuries from these kinds of accidents often include:
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries
- Tissue damage
- Neck and shoulder injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
Any one of these injuries can lead to mounting medical bills and time off of work to heal. If the bus was to blame, you shouldn’t have to pay.
What Is The Statute of Limitations on Bus Accidents in California?
For personal injury lawsuits involving a bus, the statute of limitations is important. This is the deadline in which you must file your claim for compensation. With a bus run by a private company, you have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit and three years to file a property damage suit. If you are in an accident with a bus operated by the city, then you have only six months to file a claim! If you do not file within this time limit, you lose the right to do so.
Call a Los Angeles Bus Accident Lawyer Today!
Short filing deadlines, aggressive insurance companies, and other attorneys can make life after a bus accident feel overwhelming. But you are not alone! Call the Los Angeles auto accident lawyers at NOVIK LAW GROUP, at (818) 305-6041 right now. We can help you deal with insurance companies, city governments, or school districts and make sure you are compensated for your injuries.
Los Angeles Bus Accident Attorney Near You
Car Accident Attorneys Nearby
Explore Attorney Services in Encino, CA
NO UP-FRONT COSTS!
If you think hiring an attorney is too expensive, think again! By following our legal advice, our clients pay zero fees and have zero out-of-pocket costs until we win or settle their case. Guaranteed.